Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Through the memory lane


-->
A Business That I Dream Of…
Last night, I read through my old diaries. I have three diaries that I have written since I am in primary school. One diary I wrote it during my primary school, another one I wrote it during high school and the last diary is the one that I am still writing on until now. When I read through my diaries I remember all the sweet memories that I have gone through in my life. I remember clearly one time when I was ten years old, my mom taught me how to cook. By adding flavor to some dishes with just a pinch of salt then the dish that we cook is ready to be served. It results in a very tasty and delicious dish. Mom said, when people eat our delicious food, their heart will bloom like flowers. At that particular time I didn’t understand what does she meant? Now I understand, we can make people happy with our cooking. Well my mom makes my dad, me and all of our family happy with just her cooking. Thank you mom for every lovely and tasty dishes that u make. Since I am ten years old, I want to be a good cook like my mom. She is my role model, my inspiration.
I always dream of having my own restaurant. Seeing people that tastes my cooking and I could make them happy. I wanted to be involved in food commerce world. So in order to achieve my dream, I take many classes in culinary skills and pastries. Apart from that I also take business classes and went through many workshops and seminars to enhance my soft skills. Well in order to succeed in a business we must be both good in our product and also customer service right? I am also involving myself in some extracurricular activities at my school. I joined ‘Persatuan Ushawan Muda’ while I studied at MARA Junior Science College Kota Putra (2003-2005) and at MARA Junior Science College Taiping (2006-2007). It is a good experience for me joining the society. I get to know more people, enlarging my network, managing accounts and many more. It also teaches me how to find a new opportunity in business world, how to deal with the marketing, how to serve my customers, how to control our business’s finance and many more. Oh yes, I hold the Marketing and Output executive position wasn’t that fun? Well I gain lots of knowledge to become a better businesswoman in future.
The restaurant that I will be opening will serve all kind of dishes, either local foods or international foods. I decide to make it this way because I already gain knowledge about both dishes and for me, customers have various appetites and I want my restaurant can serve whatever they want to eat. Sounds like it is impossible to accomplish is it? Well for me there’s nothing impossible in this world, as long as you want to do it and you try hard to get it. I will name my restaurant as ‘Teratak Puteri’. My mom gives me that idea when I tell her I want to open my own restaurant. I like my mom’s idea because the name sounds classical and nostalgic, so that my customer will find out that my restaurant as one of their best place to go to eat. My restaurant will use the concept of traditional village and also a little blend of modern contemporary theme. It will be very interesting trying to combine classical world with our modern world right now. I don’t want to use the modern theme for my restaurant because there will be nothing special about my restaurant, it will be identical to all the restaurants in our country. I want my customer to enjoy their meal with calm, happy and enjoy feeling.
Apart from just selling foods, my restaurant also will provide some unique services such as delivery service, free wireless service and many more. I want my customer to have all the priorities that they need. From my restaurant’s name ‘Teratak Puteri’ I will be hiring just girls as my staff. I want to attract more customers by using these girls; my idea is funny isn’t it? If my first restaurant becomes successful and popular I will open the second branch of my restaurant. I will name the second branch as ‘Teratak Putera’. Well from the name you can guess, all the workers will be charming and handsome guys. It really contrasts from my first branch but it is okay isn’t it? I also will take care of my staff so that they are happy working with me and they will be working harder than before. I will provide them a pantry where they can have their rest, a locker for each of them where they can keep their belongings while working, a house for those who didn’t have a place to live and lastly a bank account where their salary will be paid through it. I also will open the opportunity for them to further their studies in the field of culinary.
I think this is all I can say about ‘a business that I dream of’. Everybody have their own dream to reach for the skies and stars, but not all of them can make their dream become real because some of them were just dreaming and didn’t do anything for it. Well I hope my dream will be come true one day by my hard work and seriousness. With all my skills that I possessed and the experience that I went through will become handy and help me to achieve this dream. I might not make this business as my main field of work, perhaps just as my side income. My mom and dad always support me to achieve my dream, so I don’t want to make them feel bad I will strive my best and bring my dream to the reality world. Wish me luck for it!

No comments:

Leelou Blogs